Senior Software Project Manager
Are you an experienced project manager who aspires to play an integral part in building a project management organization (PMO) from the ground up? Woodridge is growing and we are ready to formalize how we manage projects and support our amazing engineers. We are looking for a bright, exceptionally strong project manager who can successfully manage projects and teams, as well as create standards for project management capabilities and nurture project management practitioners.
You will work directly with senior management to establish project management methodologies and toolsets to lay the groundwork for standardization, repeatable processes, and consistent behaviors.
Current functional responsibilities for the PMO and PMs encompass 1) client relationship management, 2) business analysis / client needs assessment and documentation, and 3) project management to ensure high quality, on-time and on-budget deliverables.
- Develop and drive project management best practices and standards that will realize targeted business outcomes.
- Develop and deliver a 2-year PMO roadmap
- Conduct and prepare for steering level meetings
- Define and ensure use of standard methodologies, processes, tools and reporting metrics (KPIs).
- Pursue risk resolution, and communicate status and escalations to business stakeholders
- Provide leadership and recommended resolution and/or escalation of issues that may impact project scope, schedule or budget
- Develop a set of executive and team dashboards to communicate project statuses up and through the organization
- Manage the change control function of the PMO
- Ensure the development project plans, WBS structures and deliverables and the management of milestones
Qualifications & Skills
Successful candidates typically have the following:
- Expert-level knowledge of risk and change management and associated methodologies, techniques and approaches
- Project budget, cost and profitability management skills
- Knowledge of resource management tools
- Credibility as a senior-level project leader
- Strategic thinking and the ability to juggle multiple goals and deadlines in the context of the big picture
- Ability to mentor, coach and effectively transfer expertise to others
- Facilitation, Negotiation & Problem Resolution Skills
- Resilience and resourcefulness
- Agile software experience
- Familiarity with Web & Mobile App Technologies
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Minimum of 5 years experience
Things that will impress us:
- Agency Experience
- Strong understanding of PMBOK and/or BABOK
- 8+ years of experience
- Scrum Master or PMP Certified
- Master’s Degree
This is a full-time, salaried position, not an hourly or contract position.
At Woodridge. we work hard to have a good time both in and out of the office. Some of the perks include:
- Catered team lunch every Friday, Monthly Burger Councils, Quarterly team-building event (e.g. go-karting, laser tag, skiing, disc golf, indoor skydiving)
- 18 vacation days the first year, 21 vacation days the second year, 25 after three years
- Office kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, etc.
- Work from home as needed; reasonable weekly hours target
- Outstanding compensation and benefits (including 100% paid premium healthcare for employees and their dependents)
In the past year, Woodridge has won several awards that illustrate our high growth and great company culture.
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Company in America
- COBiz Top Software Company Winner
- COBiz Top Woman-Owned Company
- DBJ Best Places to Work
- Colorado Companies to Watch Winner