User Experience (UX) Designer
The User Experience Designer will be a core member of the Woodridge team and will be an important contributor in delivering quality software to our clients. This position will report directly to our VP of Design and client interaction will be expected.
- Evaluate existing and proposed user experiences and identify areas for improvement.
- Create user flows based on stakeholder/client business requirements as well as user research.
- Stay on top of current UX design and development techniques to find innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Create detailed wireframes and prototypes for both Mobile and Web applications.
- Create and apply custom visual design comps and mockups.
- Create and maintain interactive product style guides.
- Conceptualize and communicate user interactions.
- Present design thinking to both clients and internal development team.
- Work closely with Developers to test and approve implementation of designs.
The primary qualification is that you are bright, personable and have good UX Design skills. Successful candidates, however, typically have the following:
- Two+ years of User Experience Design experience for software (mobile and web apps)
- Proven ability to conceptualize complex systems.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of UI design tools including Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle and Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Willingness to embrace constructive feedback and collaboration with other designers and developers.
- Strong visual, written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of current front-end web programming (HTML & CSS).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of common software project management and development practices
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Digital or Web Design, Computer Science, Information Systems, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
This is a full-time, salaried position, not an hourly or contract position.