User Experience (UX) Designer
Woodridge Software is seeking a well-rounded UX/UI Designer to join our growing design team. This is a client-facing opportunity and the ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills both verbal as well as in their design deliverables. This person will be a core member of the Woodridge team and will be a key contributor in delivering high-quality software to our clients. This position will report directly to our VP of Design.
- Analyze and Evaluate existing software, identify pain points, and communicate suggested solutions.
- Conceptualize ideas and design direction when facing new concepts.
- Develop flows (user and system) based on stakeholder/client business requirements and user research.
- Create intuitive and detailed wireframes that communicate functionality to both stakeholders and developers.
- Create high-quality User Interface & Visual Design comps and mockups.
- Conceptualize and communicate user interactions.
- Create and maintain interactive product style guides.
- Create functional click-model prototypes for both Mobile and Web applications.
- Stay abreast of current UX design and development trends and techniques to integrate innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Work closely with our developers and QA engineers to test and approve the implementation of designs.
The primary qualification is that you are bright, personable, and have good UX Design skills. Successful candidates, however, typically have the following:
- Two+ years of User Experience Design experience for software
- Equally comfortable in both Web and Native Mobile Design (Android and iOS)
- Proven ability to conceptualize complex systems.
- Exceptional design skills, production value, and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of UI design tools including Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, and Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc)
- Willingness to embrace constructive feedback and collaboration with other designers and developers.
- Strong visual, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of current front-end web programming (HTML & CSS).
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Understanding of common software project management and development practices
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Digital or Web Design, Computer Science, Information Systems, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
This is a full-time, salaried position, not an hourly or contract position.